Are You Using an Accountability Buddy?
To Get More Results – Get an Accountability Buddy: Guest Post from Susan Danzig
Perhaps you already know that power of having an accountability buddy – someone whose job it is to not let you fail and vice versa; someone who holds you accountable and then helps you celebrate. Or maybe you get the concept, but haven’t yet found that person.
For either scenario, here are 6 keys to setting up and maximizing the relationship for winning results for both you and your buddy:
1. Choose an accountability buddy that you respect to give you objective feedback.
2. Have a goal-setting session together to support the results that you want to see happen over the course of the year.
3. Determine the time frames (or deadline dates) that you want to see actions and results.
4. Agree upon the level and frequency of accountability you want. Determine when and where you will meet or connect by phone, the length of the meetings, and the type of support you want and are comfortable committing to for your accountability buddy.
5. Honor the model that you set up. That means be on time to the meetings, give each person adequate time to be supported and take action consistent to the goals that you set.
6. Plan to revisit the relationship periodically, either quarterly, semi-annually, or once a year. If something isn’t working for either of you, be willing to address it and make adjustments.
If all these ideas Susan presented above seems like a lot of work, but you love the idea of a supercharged accountability system… she is starting an Advisor Mastery Program in January. Let her help you take the work out of the planning part so you can simply enjoy the benefits of being in a mastermind and having that regular accountability process managed for you and so much more.
Checkout Susan’s Mastermind Program
Click here for the Program details and here to fill out the application, email it back to me and we’ll schedule an opportunity to discuss the details and determine if this program is right for you. The group will be limited to only 12 serious people who have been in the business for a minimum of 5 years and are going to be committed not just to their own success, but to the success of everyone in the group. If you think you might qualify, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org today to make an appointment to discuss your application.
What is working for you when it comes to accountability and master mind groups? Really! Tell me! I’d enjoy hearing from you. Send an email directly to me at BillCates@ReferralCoach.com